Michigan Plant Hardiness Zones
- Plant Hardiness Zones, Growing Zones, or Climate Zones explained.
- Plant hardiness zones were developed to provide a simple guide to what plant will grow where.
- Plant hardiness zones are based on temperature. In the USA Zones are rated from 1-11 with Zone 1 being the coldest and Zone 11 being the warmest.
- Zones are able to tell you what plant will live where.
- Its all about the temerature maximum and minimum that a plant can survive in.
- Zones are a great indication, however, local variations, special positions and even gardening determination can allow you to 'cheat the zone'.